The transfer matrix method is introduced to investigate the grating coupler. This method is easy to implement and it is used to analyze the multiple beat length Gaussian function apodized grating coupler. It is found that there are multiple reflection peaks with nearly 100% reflectivity in the two input ports of the apodized grating coupler. These multi-peak characteristics could broaden the applications of this kind of device.
- Grating-optical elements
- Transfer functions-optical
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering