This is a review of the 2017 AHA/ACC/HRS Guidelines with guidance for intraoperative physicians. Ventricular arrhythmias occurring during the perioperative period have the potential for significant morbidity and mortality. Hence, an in-depth knowledge of VA mechanisms, prevention, and management is crucial for all clinicians caring for these at-risk patients in the perioperative period. Perioperative optimization of patients with a known or suspected VA should be tailored to the specific patient population and condition as outlined in this manuscript.
- 2017 AHA/ACC/HRS Guidelines
- intraoperative arrhythmias
- prevention of sudden cardiac death
- ventricular arrhythmias
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine
- Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine