The coupled mode analysis of the nonlinear switching in the couplers with variable coupling coefficient was presented. The digital-like switching curve of the arc-shaped coupler and X-junction were closely related to the stepwise variation of the phase difference between odd and even modes. Both the arc-shaped coupler and X-junction had a cut-off power, which was closely related to the critical power determined by the maximum coupling coefficient.
- Switching-nonlinear optics
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering